Stage 2: 4Ward North PhD Fellows
Deadline: Monday 26 February 2024
All health professionals successful at Stage 1 are invited to attend an advice panel in order to develop their applications further. Advice panels will run in the week beginning on 4 December 2023.
Following the Stage 2 application deadline, approximately 10 candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Successful fellows will start their PhD programme between 1 August and 1 October 2024.
Applications will be judged on the quality of the proposals submitted and the importance of the research question, as well as its novelty and its translational impact. The science is expected to be of an excellent quality and the training offered to be first class.
Health professionals should consider the range of expertise available across the four universities involved in the Academy, and attempt to maximise the opportunity that this provides in developing their project and their supervisory team. Read more about our supervisors.
We will not accept applications where academic supervision is located solely in one university.
Health professionals shortlisted in Stage 2 will be invited to an interview.
Those successful at Stage 1 but not Stage 2 will be supported and mentored through the application process to other funders. The Academy can support all clinical professions across the breadth of the four universities.
How to apply for Stage 2
- Read the 4ward North Guidance for Stage 2 Applicants (Word).
- Download and complete the 4ward North Stage 2 Application Form (Word).
- Please also complete the Stage 2 EDI Survey.
- Send completed application forms by email to N4@manchester.ac.uk by 9am on 26 February 2024.
- Deadline for Stage 1 applications: Monday 30 October 2023
- Stage 1 outcomes communicated: Week beginning 20 November 2023
- Advice panels for Stage 2 applicants: Week beginning 4 December 2023
- Deadline for Stage 2 applicants: Monday 26 February 2024
- Stage 2 outcomes communicated: Week beginning 25 March 2024
- Interviews: Week beginning 22 April 2024