How do I apply?
Our scheme is unique in that we want to help more than the 5 people who are awarded our Wellcome Clinical PhD Fellowships. Our application process is therefore split into two phases.
Stage 1 of round 2 of the 4ward North Clinical PhD Programme is now complete. For those selected to go through to stage 2, details can be found below.
Stage 1: Recruitment of 4Ward North Academy Cohort of Trainees
Deadline: 23 October 2017 (9AM)
- 20 applicants will be selected based on their CV and short vision statement of why they want to undertake doctoral research training.
- Once selected, the 20 trainees will work-up a cutting-edge PhD proposal with our pool of leading supervisors who, along with the Academy Directors, will advise and guide them on building a project culminating in an application to Stage 2.
Stage 2: Wellcome Clinical PhD Fellows
Deadline: 5 February 2018
- All of our shortlisted trainees from Stage 1 will submit an application for one of our five available Wellcome Clinical PhD Fellowships . Approximately 10 candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Successful fellows will start their PhD programme between 1st August - 1st October 2018.
- All trainees successful at Stage 1 are invited to a training event on 15 December 2017 in Leeds (10 am - 2 pm).
- Applicants shortlisted in Stage 2 will be invited to an interview on 17 April 2018 in Leeds.
Those successful at Stage 1 but not Stage 2 will be supported and mentored through the application process to other funders. The Academy can support all clinical specialties across the breadth of the 4 Universities.
Stage 1 Application Form is available here.
Stage 2 Application Form is available here.
Please send completed application forms to N4Leeds@leeds.ac.uk. All applications should be in PDF format.